• Be realistic for your project—do not overstate or understate.
• Cost out your project as it is being developed.
1 Mason Cooley (b. 1927), U.S. aphorist. City Aphorisms (New York, 1994).
• Be thorough—if you forget costs, they will be absorbed by your organization.
• Follow the grant maker's directions —if you have questions, ask.
• Cost out what your organization will spend on the project—both in-kind and cash.
• Cost out what the partners will spend on the project—both in-kind and cash.
Was this article helpful?