To produce competent written assignments in English, students need to be able to
• generate ideas and organize them on paper
• create the various paragraph types that are used in writing assignments
• order and link paragraphs into cohesive and coherent essays.
COLLEGE WRITING provides students with
• a variety of group, pair and individual planning and writing tasks
• plenty of practice to help students master each stage of the writing process
• models of writing that are based on reaL assignments.
COLLEGE WRITING, for learners of American English, is a semi-academic writing course that takes college students from paragraph structuring to essay writing through a process approach. The areas covered include generating ideas, organizing, drafting, reviewing and revising. The back of this Student Book contains a collection of sample and reference material, including models of essay development and a punctuation guide.
Was this article helpful?
Tap Directly Into Your Creative Mind... And Easily Access YOUR Million-Dollar Ideas Ideas are the lifeblood of success... and the best ideas originate with brainstorming. Brainstorming can help you successfully fix any problem, build any business, generate any plan, or develop any story. But the problem is that most people have no clue how to effectively brainstorm - either by themselves or with groups. You can waste a lot of time coming up with old, boring ideas that won't work... and the whole time you actually believe that you are brainstorming.