1. Do you immediately grab your audience by the first 3-10 pages? How?
2. In Act I what dramatic problem or question do you set up for your main character to solve?
3. Write in a sentence or two the purpose of each scene you've written.
4. Write a scene after the climax—your denouement.
5. Create complications and obstacles to put in the path of your main character's goal in Act II.
6. In Act III is your climax at the end of your story or is it an ti-climactic? Is the theme revealed?
7. Do all your previous scenes lead to the climax?
8. Does you main character solve the problem in the climax? How?
Was this article helpful?