1. Write down all the characters living inside you. Read over your list and keep adding to your inner cast of characters.
2. Are you able to write with a strong voice? If the answer is no, why not?
3. Do you write from a victim's voice? Do all your characters sound like victims? If yes, write from a survivor's voice.
4. Write a scene from the opposite sex's point-of-view.
5. Do you acknowledge your shadow self, where you feel jealousy, envy, and rage? Write a scene from this inner character.
6. Are you frightened by your angry impulses and deny them? Write a scene and express your anger through a furious character.
7. How many masks do you wear? List them. Write a scene about the first time you put on your mask as a defense to protect you.
Was this article helpful?