Rewrite the sentences below, making all appropriate corrections.
1. the team leader is ms. feeney.
2. the keynote speaker, dr. leon williams, chairman, will speak on wednesday.
3. the first draft of the budget is due friday, january 1.
4. payments for unemployment taxes are sent to the new york department of taxation.
5. uncle joel and aunt maria are staying at the sheraton hotel on the avenue of the americas.
6. i just finished watching cnn news on channel 2.
7. we want to visit red rocks when we take our western road trip next spring.
8. please order scotch tape for the president.
9. his office is located on royal street, which is one block from bourbon street in the french quarter in new orleans.
10. please read the article "building your computer."
Compare your decisions with the following revised sentences. There were some tricky issues here that reflect the kinds of difficulties you're likely to run into when making capitalization decisions for business communications.
1. The team leader is Ms. Feeney.
2. The keynote speaker, Dr. Leon Williams, chairman, will speak on Wednesday.
3. The first draft of the budget is due Friday, January 1.
4. Payments for unemployment taxes are sent to the New York Department of Taxation.
5. Uncle Joel and Aunt Maria are staying at the Sheraton Hotel on the Avenue of the Americas.
6. I just finished watching CNN News on channel 2.
7. We want to visit Red Rocks when we take our western road trip next spring.
8. Please order Scotch tape for the president.
9. His office is located on Royal Street, which is one block from Bourbon Street in the French Quarter in New Orleans.
10. Please read the article "Building Your Computer."
In this chapter, we've covered the essential rules that govern and the decisions that need to be made in business writing. You've learned key punctuation, grammar, word usage, and capitalization standards, along with tips on how to remember the rules. Take the following quiz to discover how much you've learned and remember about creating professional communications.
Was this article helpful?