Several grammar and punctuation rules have changed since you learned them in English class, and in order to produce professional writing, you need to be aware of the new criteria. The answers to the five questions that follow serve as guidelines to help you use up-to-date standards in your business writing. The five questions are:
1. May I start a sentence with a transitional word such as and or but?
2. May I end a sentence with a preposition?
3. May I split an infinitive?
4. May I ever use their as a neutral pronoun?
5. How has comma usage changed since I left school?
Was this article helpful?