1. Comments: Overuse of prepositions and trivial phrases takes title over the 10-12 word limit. Two-part title is not accepted by some journals. Revision: Verruca [or Plantar's Wart] Recurrence after Curative Excision
2. Comments: Some (but not all) editors ban titles that make claims about the findings in the paper.
Revision: Correlation of Columbine Flower Characteristics and Pollinators
3. Comments: Unintended humor arises from careless word choice. Revision: Veterinarian Offers Medical Assistance After Panda Mating Fails
4. Comments: A century ago, long titles like this one were common. Today they are no longer accepted.
Revision: Bionomics, Behavior, and Taxonomy of Some East Asiatic Crabronine Wasps
5. Comments: Another overly wordy two-part title, with unintended humor. Titles should not be thinly disguised abstracts.
Revision: National Health Study on Lung Cancer in Women
Was this article helpful?