• Reads and understands the literature or text.
• Creates a meaningful and interesting thesis about the text.
• Engages the reader's interest in the introduction.
• Provides textual evidence to support the thesis.
• Draws thoughtful conclusions about the text.
• Uses relevant and interesting details to support ideas.
• Discusses the ambiguities, nuances, and complexities within the text.
• Demonstrates an awareness of the author's style and purpose within the text.
• Correctly uses the conventions of the English language.
Was this article helpful?