• Notice if you are repeating yourself, but bear in mind that repetition is sometimes necessary in order to remind the reader of something you have said before.
• Consider writing the introduction after you have completed the rest of the essay.
• Don't be afraid to cut when you are reviewing your work. You can keep these cuts to use later.
• Think carefully about the particular work your introduction and conclusion are doing.
• Ask someone else to read your work at the editing stage.
• Try to leave at least 24 hours between completing and reviewing your assignment.
Was this article helpful?