• What they find is not relevant to what they need.
• They are trying to answer a question. They want to get right to the answer and read only what they need to answer the question.
• They are trying to do a task. They want to read only what is necessary to do the task.
• They are bombarded with information and sinking under information overload.
• As Nielsen and Loranger (2006, 22) say, "If people carefully studied everything they came across online, they would never get to log off and have a life."
Was this article helpful?