For example, your page about concrete statues explains all about how to make and repair striking statues for the home and garden. You could even expand it into an entire "Statue Section," with a page on the history of concrete statues and another one about how to market and sell the statues that the visitor makes.
The main point, though, is that you create truly excellent, high-value content that delivers what your reader sought at the Search Engines. See! It happened again! By writing about a niche that you know and love, the content is easy.
OK, a second "concrete" example that comes at you from a different angle...
John A. Smith is a passionate lover of all things concrete, and owner of "Smith's Concrete Repair Service." Mr. Smith's company repairs foundations, retaining walls, driveways, statues, swimming pools -- heck, if it's concrete and it's busted, he'll fix it!
Smith's "Concrete Repair Service" is a locally-based service, but Mr. Smith has great vision. He builds a Web site that appeals to both local and global interests. Here's how.
1) His well-written concrete-related articles provide a valuable information resource for all visitors, regardless of their geographic location.
2) Local visitors (who are not currently clients) come to trust Mr. Smith as he demonstrates over and over again through his articles, and his e-zine, two very appealing attributes -- his unwavering commitment to the "putting-the-needs-of-the-customer-first" philosophy and the breadth of his knowledge pertaining to all things concrete.
Before long, Mr. Smith becomes established in his visitors' minds as "The Concrete Man." When these local prospects need a concrete repairman, guess who they're going to call?
3) Local visitors come to recognize Mr. Smith as more than "some guy with a concrete repair service." Thanks to the bio (About Us) page, they learn he's a dedicated father, an active member of the community, and a little league coach, as well as being the owner of a company. This information adds to his credibility.
4) Global visitors produce a secondary income stream for him. Mr. Smith can refer these surfers to merchant-partners (and their products) that he represents (ex., books about landscape design, a retailer of concrete statues, a garden supplier for concrete molds, trowels, etc.,). And, of course, he could also sell his own e-book, consulting services, Google's AdSense, etc.
Mr. Smith's warm-and-willing-to-buy visitors trust his knowledgeable advice. His PREselling efforts make it easier for him to convert these visitors into customers.
PREsell effectively... to sell effectively. It's as simple as that! And this means.
The needs of your target group must be your #1 priority, the reason behind every action you take. always comes second.
So keep your visitors in constant focus and.
1) PREsell... don't sell! Use great content to create an "open-to-buy/hire" mindset in your customer. Warm up your visitors first.
2) Maximize profit by maximizing your traffic (by delivering lots of topical content) and Conversion Rate (CR).
3) Your CR depends upon what you do and how you do it. You will achieve higher Conversion Rates if you...
• Reach targeted traffic in a reputable fashion (ex., visitors find you via the Search Engines).
• Deliver valuable, appropriate editorial content that PREsells.
• Recommend visitors to your income-generating source (ex., your sales/order page, the site of the merchant-partners that you represent, your online store, etc.) after they come to respect and like you.
OK, let's build on this extremely important foundation. We introduced the term "Most Wanted Response" earlier. Now it's time to go into more depth about this concept.
Was this article helpful?
Are YOU Ready to Climb Your Way Up The Search Engine Rankings and Start Getting the FREE Traffic You're Looking For? Hundreds of places claim they can give you top rankings...but wouldn't you rather just learn how to do it on your own so you can repeat the process on any future site you build? 101 Basics To Search Engine Optimization. Tried and Tested Methods Revealed!